Media Action Nepal (MAN)’s vision is to promote the culture of free expression and strengthen an independent, vibrant and responsible media. MAN protects journalists from attacks and combats the impunity of perpetrators so as to preserve the fundamental right to freedom of expression and right to information guaranteed by the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, international human rights treaties and the Nepalese Constitution.
MAN’s mission is to:
- Safeguard Freedom of Expression and enhance citizen participation and dialogue to strengthen democracy for sustainable development.
- Enable for a free, vibrant and responsible media in Nepal
- Engage media in creating constructive dialogue to improve governance and service delivery system and to increase public participation in the development process
- Build the capacities of independent pluralistic media so to boost the professional competencies of journalists and media professionals
- Promote gender sensitivity in media content and newsroom operations;
- Engage civil society, academia and disadvantaged groups in the promotion of media freedom
- Stand in solidarity with efforts of the professional associations, judicial organizations and individuals to defend free expression and press freedom